Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Mercurial: change the commit message

I used to type the commit message for my mercurial operation with mistake typing incorrect modifier of my activity. If the server doesn't know this activity Id, my push will be rejected, Sad but true.

There is an article below about how to change the commit message and make developer happy.
http://knowledgestockpile.blogspot.ca/2010/12/changing-commit-message-of-revision-in.html
It helps me to get rid of my promlems. Although, author didn't mention in this article that the user name must be also specified in hgrc. Without username I was surprised with the message: abort: no username supplied (see "hg help config")


That's my hgrc with a proper content:

[paths]
default = <repo_url>
[extensions]
histedit = <full path to hg_histedit.py>
[ui]
; editor used to enter commit logs, etc.  Most text editors will work.
editor = notepad
username =vbashuro

No comments:

Post a Comment